The European Union and its partners launched a coronavirus global response effort on 4 May.
The aim of the campaign is to raise €7.5bn to develop diagnostics, treatments and vaccines and deploy them to every corner of the world at an affordable price.
What can YOU do?
Help to spread the word about the role of research and innovation in the initiative. We need to raise awareness about the need for fair and equal access to diagnostics, treatments and vaccines against the coronavirus.
Together, let’s stop the virus and protect people.
- To fight the coronavirus, the world urgently needs effective and safe diagnostics, treatments and vaccines – without these we ALL remain vulnerable.
- The European Commission has made a significant contribution to the Coronavirus Global Response pledge with €1 billion mobilised by Horizon 2020
- Together, we are stronger: EU research and innovation brings Europe’s leading scientists and innovators together to coordinate efforts across the EU and beyond to tackle the coronavirus crisis
- The crisis requires a response of unprecedented scale, speed and solidarity – the global research and innovation community is already mobilised but we need to do more
- We are committed to continuing to support our researchers and innovators in these critical times